2017 BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA AND PROSTATITIS DEVICE-BASED TREATMENTS MARKET132 Pages | 16 Exhibits | 2017 Analysis | Forecasts Through 2021
Get the full unredacted version of this report by purchasing today.
BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA AND PROSTATITIS DEVICE-BASED TREATMENTS MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Symptomatic BPH and prostatitis affect over 100 million men worldwide, resulting in painful symptoms and lower quality of life.
- Laser-based devices and urethral implants are expected to be the primary segments driving growth in the market.
- The market for devices used to treat symptomatic BPH and prostatitis is anticipated to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2016-21), increasing to an estimated $586.1m by 2021.
- Pharmaceuticals continue to play a major role in the management and treatment of symptomatic patients, with device-based therapies being restricted to use in about 10-15% of all patients with symptomatic BPH and only the most severe cases of prostatitis.
- The US market for device-based therapies currently accounts for approximately 40% of all sales, followed by the five major European markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). The strongest growth in device-based sales is expected to occur in the US.
- An overview of device-based and pharmacological therapies for BPH and prostatitis.
- Global and country/region-specific market forecasts, including forecasts by product segment.
- Competitive analyses by product segement.
- Discussion of key drivers and limiters to the BPH and prostatitis device-based treatments market.
- Emerging therapies and their potential impact on the market for device-based treatments
Publisher: Medtech Insight
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY i. Methodology 1. CLINICAL OVERVIEW OF BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA AND PROSTATITIS 1.1 Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 1.1.1 Symptoms 1.1.2 Diagnosis 1.1.3 Prevalence 1.1.4 Treatment 1.2 Prostatitis 1.2.1 Symptoms 1.2.2 Diagnosis 1.2.3 Treatments 1.3 Bibliography Exhibit 1-1: Treatment alternatives for patients with moderate to severe symptoms of BPH Exhibit 1-2: Summary of symptoms for types of prostatitis 2. PRODUCTS FOR TREATING SYMPTOMATIC BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA 2.1 Established Therapeutic Approaches 2.1.1 Drug therapy 2.1.2 Surgical treatment 22.214.171.124 Transurethral resection of the prostate 126.96.36.199.1 Selected TURP/BPVP products 188.8.131.52.1.1 KARL STORZ 184.108.40.206.1.2 Olympus 220.127.116.11.1.3 Richard Wolf 2.1.3 Less invasive alternatives to surgery 18.104.22.168 Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP) 22.214.171.124 Laser-based techniques 126.96.36.199.1 Holmium lasers 188.8.131.52.2 Greenlight lasers 184.108.40.206.3 Thulium lasers 220.127.116.11.4 Selected laser products for BPH 18.104.22.168.4.1 Boston Scientific 22.214.171.124.4.2 Jena Surgical 126.96.36.199.4.3 Lumenis 188.8.131.52.4.4 Richard Wolf 184.108.40.206 Other energy-based procedures 220.127.116.11.1 Transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT) 18.104.22.168.1.1 Selected products for TUMT 22.214.171.124.2 Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA) 126.96.36.199.2.1 Selected products for TUNA 188.8.131.52.3 High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) and water-induced thermotherapy 184.108.40.206 Prostatic implants 220.127.116.11.1 Stents 18.104.22.168.2 Prostatic urethral lift device 22.214.171.124 Prostatic artery embolization 126.96.36.199 Clinical development 2.2 Market Forecasts 2.2.1 Global market for TURP equipment and related products for BPH 2.2.2 Global market for laser-based products for BPH 2.2.3 Global market for microwave and RF thermotherapy products for BPH 2.2.4 Global market for prostatic urethral lift implants for BPH 2.2.5 Global market for prostatic stents and PAE products for BPH 2.2.6 Market forecast: US 188.8.131.52 Drivers and limiters 2.2.7 Market forecast: EU 2.2.8 Market forecast: Japan 2.2.9 Market forecast: rest of the world 2.3 Competitive Analysis 2.3.1 TURP and related equipment for vaporization and enucleation 2.3.2 Laser systems 184.108.40.206 TUMT/TUNA 2.4 Bibliography Exhibit 2-1: Estimated number of men with symptomatic BPH, 2016-21 (thousands) Exhibit 2-2: Comparison of treatments for symptomatic BPH Exhibit 2-3: Global BPH therapy devices market forecast, by product segment, 2016-21 ($m) Exhibit 2-4: Global symptomatic BPH treatment devices, market forecast by country/region, 2016-21 ($m) Exhibit 2-5: US symptomatic BPH treatments, combined procedure volumes forecast, 2016-21 Exhibit 2-6: US symptomatic BPH treatments, market forecast, 2016-21 ($m) Exhibit 2-7: 5EU symptomatic BPH treatments, combined procedure volumes forecast, 2016-21 Exhibit 2-8: 5EU symptomatic BPH treatments, market forecast, 2016-21 ($m) Exhibit 2-9: Japan symptomatic BPH treatments, combined procedure volumes forecast, 2016-21 Exhibit 2-10: Japan symptomatic BPH treatments, market forecast, 2016-21 ($m) Exhibit 2-11: RoW symptomatic BPH treatments, combined procedure volumes forecast, 2016-21 Exhibit 2-12: RoW symptomatic BPH treatments, market forecast, 2016-21 ($m) Exhibit 2-13: TURP systems/electrodes global market, share by supplier, 2016 Exhibit 2-14: BPH Laser systems global market, share by supplier, 2016 Exhibit 2-15: TUMT/TUNA systems global market, share by supplier, 2016 3. PRODUCTS FOR TREATING SYMPTOMATIC PROSTATITIS 3.1 Established Therapeutic Approaches 3.1.1 Drug therapy 220.127.116.11 Clinical development 3.1.2 Conservative non-pharmacologic therapy 3.1.3 Surgical/minimally invasive treatments 18.104.22.168 TURP 22.214.171.124 Minimally invasive thermotherapy 126.96.36.199.1 Microwave thermotherapy 188.8.131.52 External shock wave therapy 3.2 Market Forecasts 3.3 Bibliography Exhibit 3-1: National Institutes of Health prostatitis categories APPENDIX: COMPANY LISTING
- Advin Urology
- Boston Scientific
- Convergent Laser Technologies
- CoreTherm Medical
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Lilly/Eli Lilly and Company
- Insys Therapeutics
- Jena Surgical
- KARL STORZ
- Kissei Pharmaceutical
- LISA Laser USA
- Merit Medical Systems
- Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Olympus Medical/Olympus
- Pnn Medical AS
- PROCEPT BioRobotics
- Richard Wolf
- Sophiris Bio
A Single License allows for one person to access the report. A Corporate License allows for multiple individuals within a company to access the report.