2016 WOMEN'S HEALTH: OSTEOPOROSIS DIAGNOSTIC PRODUCTS91 Pages | 30 Exhibits | 2016 Analysis | Forecasts Through 2020
Get the full unredacted version of this report by purchasing today.
OSTEOPOROSIS DIAGNOSTIC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Fractures from osteoporosis and low bone mass cost approximately $20bn a year in the US, with this figure expected to grow to approximately $25bn by 2025.
- The estimated cost of osteoporosis in the EU is approximately €37bn [$44.3bn] annually, with fractures accounting for 66% of costs.
- The combined global market for osteoporosis diagnostic products totalled approximately $253.0 million in 2015, and is expected to climb at a rate of 3.8% over the forecast period.
- Dual-energy X-ray densitometers account for the largest segment of the global market for bone densitometry equipment.
- What are the key drivers and limiters to the global market for osteoporosis diagnostic products?
- Which competitors are leading the market and introducing new technology?
- How are technological advancements impacting market growth?
- Which areas of the market are experiencing the greatest growth?
- How are mergers and acquisitions affecting the marekt shares of leading competitors?
Publisher: Medtech Insight
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY i. Methodology Exhibit ES-1: Global osteoporosis diagnostic products, combined market forecast, 2015-2020 Exhibit ES-2: Global osteoporosis diagnostic products market, share by product type, 2015 1. OVERVIEW OF OSTEOPOROSIS 1.1 Prevalence and Cost 1.2 Fracture Incidence and Economic Costs 1.3 Types of Osteoporosis 1.4 Risk Factors 1.5 Treatment 1.6 Bibliography Exhibit 1-1: Normal bone and osteoporotic bone Exhibit 1-2: Osteoporosis prevalence across the US, Japan, and 5EU, 2015-30 Exhibit 1-3: Osteopenia prevalence across the US, Japan, and 5EU, 2015-30 Exhibit 1-4: Osteoporosis-caused fracture incidence in the EU, by site Exhibit 1-5: US hospitalizations for fragility fractures in women, by site Exhibit 1-6: Types of osteoporosis Exhibit 1-7: Leading risk factors for osteoporosis Exhibit 1-8: Population growth of 65+ years age group, 2000-50, selected countries. 2. BONE DENSITOMETRY PRODUCTS MARKET 2.1 Bone Densitometry Overview 2.1.1 Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry 2.1.2 Single-energy X-ray absorptiometry 2.1.3 Radiographic absorptiometry 2.1.4 Quantitative computed tomography 2.1.5 Quantitative ultrasound 2.1.6 Software-based densitometry systems 2.1.7 Hospital-based densitometry systems 2.1.8 Office-based densitometry systems 2.2 Bone Densitometry Products 2.2.1 BeamMed 2.2.2 CompuMed 2.2.3 Furuno Electric Company 2.2.4 GE Healthcare/General Electric Company 2.2.5 Hologic 2.2.6 Swissray 2.2.7 Emerging 2.3 Market Analysis 2.3.1 Market forecast: US 126.96.36.199 Insurance reimbursement 2.3.2 Market forecast: EU 188.8.131.52 DXA utilization 184.108.40.206 Insurance reimbursement 2.3.3 Market forecast: Japan 2.3.4 Market forecast: rest of the world 2.3.5 Competitive analysis: global 220.127.116.11 Competitive analysis: US 18.104.22.168 Competitive analysis: EU 22.214.171.124 Competitive analysis: rest of the world 2.3.6 Detailed analysis, by competitor 126.96.36.199 GE Healthcare/General Electric Company 188.8.131.52 Hologic 2.4 Bibliography Exhibit 2-1: Comparison of biochemical markers and bone densitometry as tools for diagnosing and monitoring osteoporosis Exhibit 2-2: Imaging modalities used to diagnose osteoporosis Exhibit 2-3: Selected bone densitometry systems Exhibit 2-4: BeamMed's Sunlight Omnisense 9000 bone sonometer Exhibit 2-5: The Norland family of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry systems Exhibit 2-6: GE's Lunar iDXA dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry system Exhibit 2-7: The Discovery and Horizon dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry systems Exhibit 2-8: The OsteoGram radiographic absorptiometry system Exhibit 2-9: The CM-200 quantitative ultrasound bone densitometry system Exhibit 2-10: Bone densitometry systems market forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 2-11: Spending on healthcare in the US and selected European countries Exhibit 2-12: Bone densitometry systems global market, share by supplier, 2015 Exhibit 2-13: Bone densitometry systems US market, share by supplier, 2015 Exhibit 2-14: Bone densitometry systems EU market, share by supplier, 2015 Exhibit 2-15: Bone densitometry systems RoW market, share by supplier, 2015 3. GLOBAL MARKET FOR BONE REMODELING BIOCHEMICAL MARKER TESTS 3.1 Biochemical Markers Overview 3.1.1 Types of bone turnover markers 3.1.2 Applications 3.1.3 Limitations 3.2 Biochemical Marker Testing Products 3.2.1 Alere 3.2.2 Beckman Coulter/Danaher 3.2.3 Immunodiagnostic Systems 3.2.4 Orion Diagnostica/Orion Group 3.2.5 Quest Diagnostics 3.2.6 Quidel 3.2.7 Roche Diagnostics/F Hoffmann-La Roche 3.3 Reimbursement 3.4 Market Analysis 3.5 Competitive Analysis 3.5.1 Detailed analysis, by competitor 184.108.40.206 Alere 220.127.116.11 Quidel 18.104.22.168 Roche Diagnostics/F Hoffmann-La Roche 3.6 Bibliography Exhibit 3-1: The bone remodeling cycle Exhibit 3-2: Comparison of selected bone remodeling biochemical marker tests Exhibit 3-3: Selected bone remodeling biochemical marker tests Exhibit 3-4: Bone remodeling biochemical marker tests market forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 3-5: Bone remodeling biochemical marker tests global market, share by supplier, 2015 APPENDIX: COMPANY LISTING
- Alere, Inc.
- Artann Laboratories
- BeamMed LTD
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- CompuMed, Inc.
- Diagnostic Medical Systems
- Furuno Electric Company LTD
- GE Healthcare/ General Electric Company
- Hitachi Medical Systems, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Immunodiagnostic Systems Holdings PLC
- Orion Diagnostica Oy/Orion Corporation
- Osteometer Meditech, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- Quidel Corporation
- Roche Holding AG/Roche Group
- Sectra AB
- Swissray Medical AG/Swissray Global Healthcare
A Single License allows for one person to access the report. A Corporate License allows for multiple individuals within a company to access the report.