2016 BENIGN UTERINE CONDITIONS THERAPY SYSTEMS MARKET108 Pages | 12 Exhibits | 2016 Analysis | Forecasts Through 2020
Get the full unredacted version of this report by purchasing today.
BENIGN UTERINE CONDITION MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Fewer than 15% of the 100m women worldwide with dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) receive treatment. Of the 1.8m hysterectomies performed annually worldwide, DUB treatment accounts for half.
- The combined global market for BUC therapy products totalled nearly $1.3bn in 2015, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% through 2020.
- The hysteroscopes segment is expected to account for the most dollar sales (with $788m in 2015), and the MRgFUS segment is expected to experience the most growth (10.8% from 2015-2020)
- Drivers of the MRgFUS market will include the technique's approved use in women wishing to preserve fertility, in addition to safety concerns regarding morcellation, which may drive usage of alternative therapies such as MRgFUS.
- What are the key drivers and limiters to the BUC therapy systems market?
- Which competitors are leading the market, and which are developing novel technologies?
- How are technologiecal advancements impacting market growth?
- Which areas of the BUC therapy systems market are experiencing dynamic growth?
- How are competition and pricing pressures affecting the market shares of leading competitors?
Publisher: Medtech Insight
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY i. Global endometrial ablation products ii. Magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound systems iii. Uterine artery embolization systems iv. Hysteroscopes and fibroid removal systems v. Combined market analysis vi. Methodology Exhibit ES-1: Benign uterine conditions therapy systems, market forecast, 2015-20 1. BENIGN UTERINE CONDITION TREATMENT OVERVIEW 1.1 Dilation and curettage 1.1.1 Procedure volumes forecast 1.2 Hysterectomy 1.2.2 Procedure volumes forecast 1.3 Hysteroscopy 1.3.1 Endometrial ablation 1.3.2 Procedure volumes forecast 1.4 Myomectomy 1.4.1 Procedure volumes forecast 1.5 Bibliography Exhibit 1-1: Menorrhagia treatments and side effects Exhibit 1-2: Dilation and curettage, global procedure volumes forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 1-3: Hysterectomy, global procedure volumes forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 1-4: Hysteroscopy, global procedure volumes forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 1-5: Myomectomy, global procedure volumes forecast, by region, 2015-20 2. GLOBAL ENDOMETRIAL ABLATION PRODUCTS MARKET 2.1 Reimbursement 2.2 Products and Competitors 2.2.1 Boston Scientific 2.2.2 CooperSurgical/The Cooper Companies 2.2.3 Hologic 2.2.4 Idoman 2.2.5 Minerva Surgical 2.2.6 Veldana Medical 2.3 Clinical Trials Comparing Non-Resectoscopic Devices 2.4 Recent Market Developments 2.5 Emerging Products and Competitors 2.5.1 AEGEA Medical 2.5.2 Channel Medsystems 2.5.3 Minitouch/MicroCube 2.5.4 Halt Medical 2.6 Market Analysis 2.7 Competitive Analysis 2.8 Bibliography Exhibit 2-1: Global endometrial ablation devices, market forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 2-2: Global endometrial ablation devices market, sales and share by supplier, 2015 and 2020 3. MAGNETIC RESONANCE-GUIDED FOCUSED ULTRASOUND SYSTEMS MARKET 3.1 Products and Competitors 3.1.1 InSightec 3.1.2 Philips Healthcare/Royal Philips 3.2 Reimbursement 3.3 Market Analysis 3.4 Bibliography 4. UTERINE EMBOLIZATION SYSTEMS MARKET 4.1 Products and Competitors 4.1.1 Biocompatibles/BTG International 4.1.2 Boston Scientific 4.1.3 Cook Medical/Cook Group 4.1.4 Merit Medical Systems 4.1.5 Terumo 4.1.6 Comparison of embolization devices 4.2 Embolization versus other techniques for treating uterine fibroids 4.3 Market analysis 4.4 Competitive analysis 4.5 Bibliography Exhibit 4-1: Global uterine artery embolization systems, market forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 4-2: Global uterine embolization systems market, sales and share by supplier, 2015 and 2020 5. HYSTEROSCOPES AND FIBROID REMOVAL SYSTEMS MARKET 5.1 Regulatory Issues 5.2 Products and Competitors 5.2.1 Boston Scientific 5.2.2 Ethicon/Johnson & Johnson 5.2.3 Hologic 5.2.4 Olympus 5.2.5 Karl Storz Endoscopy 5.2.6 LiNA Medical 5.2.7 Medtronic 5.2.8 Stryker 5.2.9 Richard Wolf Medical Instruments 5.3 Uterine Manipulators 5.4 Fluid Management Systems 5.5 Market Analysis 5.6 Competitive Analysis 5.7 Bibliography Exhibit 5-1: Global hysteroscopes and related products, market forecast, by region, 2015-20 Exhibit 5-2: Global hysteroscopes and related products market, sales and share by supplier, 2015 and 2020 APPENDIX A: COMPANY LISTING
- AEGEA Medical, Inc.
- Alfresa Pharma Corporation
- Biocompatibles LTD/BTG International PLC
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Channel Medsystems, Inc.
- ConMed Corporation
- Cook Medical/Cook Group, Inc.
- CooperSurgical, Inc./The Cooper Companies
- CR Bard, Inc.
- Ethicon, Inc./Johnson & Johnson
- Halt Medical, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Idoman Teoranta LTD
- InSightec LTD
- Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG
- LiNA Medical ApS
- MedGyn, Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
- Minerva Surgical, Inc.
- Minitouch/Microcube LLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Philips Healthcare/Koninklijke Philips NV
- Richard Wolf Medical Instruments Corporation
- Rudolf Medical GmbH & Co. KG
- Scholly Fiberoptic GmbH
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Stryker Corporation
- Terumo Medical Corporation/Terumo Corporation
- Veldana Medical SA
- Xion Medical GmbH
A Single License allows for one person to access the report. A Corporate License allows for multiple individuals within a company to access the report.